While Jesus is the light of the world, Satan is the prince of darkness of the world. Jesus pierces the darkness because He was the long-awaited light (Ps. 119:130). The light symbolizes His sacredness, sanctity and blessedness (Ps 119:105).
The light benefits Christians in:
1. Seeing God's peace: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.." (John 14:27).
2. Hearing the voice of the Savior: "For the Son of man came to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10).
3. Feeling the comfort of God's love (Is 49:13).
4. Tasting God's precious grace: "...For by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God..." (Eph 2:8).
5. Smelling the steadfastness of God's patience: "but they that wait for Jehovah shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles" (Is 40:30).